You may be sick of hearing about it, but that does not mean personal brand is not important. It is. Vital.
It takes a long-term commitment to build a personal brand that drives inbound enquiries.
Business development without a strong brand will become harder and harder.
Being nervous about starting is not an excuse anymore. You were scared when you did your first interview, right?
Here is an 80-second grab from a recent conference I did for the RCSA in Sydney
Some summary bullet points below, but watch the video.
- Working on your personal brand is an ‘essential’. Not a ‘nice to have’.
- BD that relies on cold calling and spamming is becoming increasingly ineffectual.
- We have to create a personal brand that attracts business and opens doors.
- Haphazard posting is useless.
- A concerted strategy that is consistent and based on quality content is the key.
- You have to commit to the long term in brand-building.
- Broadcasting content is not enough. Engagement is crucial.
- Make it part of your daily schedule.
This clip is part of a 40-minute branding panel discussion, which has some brilliant content (Mostly from the other panellists)
This and much more was added to The Savage Recruitment Academy as part of the regular content updates, in addition to the 20 plus hours already there.
Sign up for the Savage Recruitment Academy now.
- Posted by Greg Savage
- On July 8, 2021
- 0 Comments